From the beginning…May 16, 2008
Here is a view of the Dwight Foster Public Library (Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin) in 1916. This photo is taken from East Milwaukee Avenue (approximately where the public parking lot is now). Notice the front pillars which were moved to Merchants Avenue when the library expanded in 1983. Preservation of our history has been important during each of our expansions.